Aiuto e FAQ
- Purchase all catalog volumes published by the publishing house
- Find information about new publications
- Have information about the authors
- Find out about events organized or attended by the Publisher
- Take advantage of exclusive promotions
- Find the nearest authorized points of sale
- Discover the history and activities of Giappichelli Editore, a historical brand of Italian university publishing
At giappichelli.it you can:
Shipping costs for purchases with delivery in Italy on giappichelli.it are €4.40. For purchases of €35 or more, shipping is free.
- Names of the authors and/or editors of the volume
- The price, pages
- The type of edition
- The format
- A brief abstract summarising the content of the work
Each of our publications comes with an information sheet that, in addition to allowing you to purchase and/or reserve it, indicates:
- On the giappichelli.it website, you must register on the site, create a login and password, to make the purchase. To finish and check out, you will then need to log in with your previously chosen credentials or register, thus creating an account just before finalising your order. At this stage the following will be requested as required fields: first name, last name, email address, billing and/or shipping address, telephone and choice of a password. If you want to request the invoice in electronic format, you will also need to enter: company name, VAT number, PA office code or PEC.
- When you have chosen everything you intend to purchase go to the "Your Cart" page to review the list of products you have entered, the total price, and the estimated shipping date. From here you can change the quantity, remove unwanted products and proceed to checkout by clicking the "Proceed to Checkout" button.
- After entering the Username and Password chosen during registration, fill out the form with the data necessary for shipping, and e-mail address, which is necessary for updates on your order status; on future orders this data will be automatically reappear to make your purchases more convenient and faster. To finish, select your desired delivery method and payment type and send your order by clicking "Buy".
Directly from the product tab, by clicking the "Add to Cart" button
For all purchase-related issues you can contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at +39 0118153540.
- Italy: 3 business days (1extra day for islands) for products already in stock and 7-10 working days for products with low stock (this information is indicated in the product sheet and in the transactional email)
- Upon publication, for products that are Reserved
Products purchased on giappichelli.it are shipped as follows:
Despite all our efforts, due to the large number of orders received, there may be a delay in the delivery of your order of one or two business days. We apologise for the inconvenience and will continue to do our best. Thank you for your understanding.
Books in Giappichelli digital format are published through Adobe technology or through Safeguard (Locklizard) technology.
- Books published with Adobe technology have .acsm file extensions. Click here to learn how to read them
- Books published with Safeguard technology have file extension .pdc. Click here to learn how to read them
To recognize which technology your book is published with, check your digital book file:
Both technologies rely on DRM (Digital Rights Management-that is, digital rights management) through a personal license to use, so ordinary file readers (e.g., Adobe PDF Reader) are not good for opening files.
- Credit card (Visa, Visa Electron, Master Card)
- MyBank Online Transfer
- COD (Cash on delivery - Italy only), this mode incurs an additional COD fee of € 4.40
At giappichelli.it you can pay with:
For more information visit our Payment Information page
In case of problems with shipped goods, we accept the return of any product as long as it is in resalable condition. The Publishing House reserves the right not to accept returns. Please visit our Shipping Terms page for more information.
Reservable products are marked by the "Coming Soon" and "Reservable" labels indicated on the product sheet. You can reserve a product by clicking on the button on its "Buy" tab, the product will then be paid upon reservation and will be shipped as soon as it is available. The purchase procedure is the same as for products that are already available. For more info, please visit our Terms of Sale page.
For all books for which there is no immediate availability, the estimated date of availability at our warehouse is indicated on the product page. From the date of availability it will take another three working days for you to receive the books. The purchase procedure is the same for products already available. For more info, visit our page Terms and conditions.
To purchase on the giappichelli.it website, you must be registered. It is possible to register on giappichelli.it by clicking on the "Sign in / Register an account" button at the top right or do it during the checkout. It will then be necessary to fill in the form, without forgetting the required fields. In case of loss of credentials, it is possible to recover them by clicking on "Forgot your password?"