Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation) and Legislative Decree 10.8.2018, No. 101, we inform you, in relation to your personal data acquired prior to the establishment of the contractual relationship or at the time of establishment or in due course, of the following:
Owner of data processing
The data owner of the processing of personal data, also collected through the "Become an Agent/Retailer" form on the web page https://www.giappichelli.it/diventa-agente-rivenditore/, is G. Giappichelli Editore - Via Po 21, 10124 Torino (Italy) - C.F. and P.IVA IT 02874520014 - Telephone: 011-8153111, hereafter simply referred to as "Giappichelli", will determines the purposes and means of the processing of the collected data.
Personal data means any information concerning an identified or identifiable physical person, hereafter referred to simply as "data subject," "applicant," or "agent or retailer.”
Processing means any operation or set of operations, whether or not involving automated processes, applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, comparison or interconnection, restriction, deletion or destruction.
Purpose and legal basis of processing
The personal data communicated by the candidate for the position of agent or retailer will be processed by Giappichelli solely for the purpose of responding to the candidate's application proposals and thus to the extent strictly necessary for the activity of responding and replying to what has been communicated by the person concerned.
The provision of personal data in the fields marked in the "Become an Agent/Retailer" form with an asterisk are a necessary requirement for the conclusion of the contract, and failure to provide the data may prevent the establishment of the contractual relationship.
The agent or retailer’s personal data will be processed to the extent necessary and relevant for the purpose of the assignment, i.e., the personal data necessary for the fulfilment of related administrative activities, so as to minimise invasiveness of processing of the data subject in relation to the information he or she has shared with Giappichelli.it
The legal basis for the processing is in the need to execute the contract with the data subject and therefore pre-contractual measures taken at the data subject's request.
Method and duration processing
The processing of personal data collected will take place through the use of digital tools.
Data disclosed by the candidate will be deleted as soon as it becomes clear that no offer of collaboration will be made or that the offer will not be accepted by the candidate.
Should the owner wish to retain such data in anticipation of further collaboration opportunities, they will inform the data subject accordingly, who will have the opportunity to object to such further processing.
In the event of the establishment of a contractual relationship between Giappichelli and the agent or retailer, personal data will be retained until the end of the statute of limitations of the rights related to the contractual relationship or until the term of retention of accounting documents provided by Law.
Personal data are processed internally at Giappichelli through authorised personnel or through individuals who will process personal data on behalf of Giappichelli as data processors and in compliance with due safeguards in order to protect personal data.
Data may be intended for the following categories of recipients:
- enti, professionisti, società o altre strutture designate per l’esecuzione di trattamenti connessi all’adempimento degli obblighi amministrativi, contabili e gestionali legati all’ordinario svolgimento dell’attività economica di Giappichelli. In particolare, per la gestione delle provvigioni e della gestione amministrativa dei rapporti amministrativi con gli agenti /rivenditori è stata nominata come responsabile del trattamento la società LUMINA SRL – CORSO VINZAGLIO 2 – 10121 TORINO (TO) – ITALIA – Tel: 011 526 2700 – Fax: 011 5262701 – E- mail: email@example.com
- entities, professionals, companies or other structures designated for the performance of processing related to the fulfilment of administrative, accounting and management obligations associated with the ordinary course of business of Giappichelli. In particular, the company LUMINA SRL - CORSO VINZAGLIO 2 - 10121 TORINO (TO) - ITALY - Tel: 011 526 2700 - Fax: 011 5262701 - E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org has been appointed as data processor for the management of commissions and administrative relations with agents/retailers.
- banks, financial institutions or other entities to which the transfer of the above-mentioned data is necessary for the performance of the Holder's activities in connection with the fulfilment of contractual obligations assumed towards it;
- Companies and law firms for the protection of contractual rights;
- Public Authorities and Administrations for purposes related to the fulfilment of legal obligations.
Data will not be disseminated or disclosed to third parties outside the European Union.
Data subject’s Rights
The interested party may exercise the following rights against Giappichelli:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him/her and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- In cases provided for by the Law, obtain cancellation and restriction of processing, if the conditions are met.
- To obtain the updating, rectification and supplementation of their data.
- in the cases provided for by the Law, receive, in a commonly used structured and device-readable format, the personal data provided.
- The right to object if the owner wishes to retain data from the data subject in anticipation of further opportunities for collaboration, without informing the data subject prior to such further processing;
- File a complaint to the Data Protection Manager and/or judicial review if you believe that your rights have been violated as a result of processing
Exercising your rights and Data Protection Manager
The above rights can be exercised by sending a request at the following email address to the Data Protection Manager: email@example.com.
Similarly, any information, insights and clarifications on this policy and the rights in favour of the data subject can be obtained through the same e-mail address.