Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation) and Legislative Decree 10.8.2018, No. 101, we inform you, in relation to your personal data acquired prior to the establishment of the contractual relationship or at the time of establishment or in due course, of the following:
Owner of data processing
The owner of the processing procedure of personal data, collected through the "Contact Us" form on the web page, https://www.giappichelli.it/contattaci/ or through the e-mail addresses accessible to the public on the web page https://corporate.giappichelli.it/ is G. Giappichelli Editore - Via Po 21, 10124 Torino (Italy) - C.F. and P.IVA IT 02874520014- Telefono: 011-8153111, hereafter simply referred to as "Giappichelli", will determine the purposes and means of the processing of the collected data.
Personal data means any information concerning an identified or identifiable physical person, hereafter referred to simply as "data subject."
Processing means any operation or set of operations, that may involve automated processes, applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, comparison or correlation, restriction, deletion or destruction.
Purpose and legal basis of processing
The data subject’s personal data are processed by Giappichelli in order to fulfil all obligations and exercise all rights of the publishing contract with the Author.
The legal basis for processing for the above purposes is to be found in the need to execute the publishing contract with the Author or pre-contractual measures have been taken at the Author's request.
In case of conclusion of the contract with the Author, Giappichelli will also process personal data for administrative, accounting and tax purposes necessary to fulfil the obligations required by law.
In the above cases, the communication of personal data is a necessary requirement for the conclusion of the contract and a legal obligation for related administrative, accounting and tax purposes. Failure to provide personal data will result in the inability to conclude the publishing contract between Giappichelli and the Author and to fulfil related legal obligations.
Processing may also possibly be based on the voluntary consent of the Author, in the case of data processing not necessary for the execution of the contract or the exercise of rights related to the contract, as well as the reproduction of the Author's image by Giappichelli on the website www.giappichelli.it.
It should be noted that in cases where the Author gives special consent for personal data processing, he/she will retain the right to revoke this consent at any time, without prejudice to the processing previously carried out.
For all the purposes listed, personal data will be processed - by means of computerised tools - limited to what has been communicated by the data subject, so as to minimise the invasiveness of processing with respect to him or her, given their expectations in relation to the information they’ve shared with Giappichelli.
The Author will not be subject to any decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that produces legal effects concerning him or her or that significantly affects them in a similar way.
Personal data is processed internally at Giappichelli through authorised personnel or through individuals who will process personal data on behalf of Giappichelli as data processors and in compliance with due safeguards to protect personal data.
The data may be intended for the following categories of recipients:
- Typographers or editors providing publishing services to Giappichelli;
- entities, professionals, companies or other structures designated for the performance of processing related to the fulfilment of administrative, accounting and management obligations associated with the ordinary performance of the economic activity of the Owner. In particular, for the management of corporate invoicing, the company LUMINA SRL - CORSO VINZAGLIO 2 - 10121 TORINO (TO) - ITALY - Tel: 011 526 2700 - Fax: 011 5262701 - E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org has been appointed as data processor.
- banks, financial institutions or other entities to which the transfer of the before mentioned data is necessary for the performance of the Holder's activities in connection with the fulfilment of contractual obligations assumed towards them;
- Companies and law firms for the protection of contractual rights;
- Public Authorities and Administrations for purposes related to the fulfilment of legal obligations.
- Couriers in order to deliver packages containing complimentary or purchased books (phone number may also be shared in addition to shipping address)
In the case of joint publication (co-publishing) with another foreign publisher, personal data may occasionally be transferred to countries outside the European Union, always within the scope of the purposes indicated above and in compliance with applicable international regulations and agreements.
Duration of Processing
Personal data will be processed until the statute of limitations for rights related to the contractual relationship has expired, and with regard to data contained in accounting records until the retention period stipulated by Law.
All data not necessary for the performance of the contract or the exercise of rights related to the contract will be deleted within 12 months of their collection, following the periodic verification procedure that Giappichelli performs so that personal data is not kept longer than necessary.
Data subject’s Rights
The interested party may exercise the following rights against Giappichelli:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him/her and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- Obtain cancellation and restriction of processing.
- To obtain the updating, rectification and supplementation of their data.
- in the cases provided for by the Law, receive, in a commonly used structured and device-readable format, the personal data provided.
- Right to object, in the ways indicated below.
- File a complaint to the Data Protection Manager and/or judicial review if you believe that your rights have been violated as a result of processing
Exercising your rights and Data Protection Manager
The above rights can be exercised by sending a request at the following email address to the Data Protection Manager: email@example.com. telephone 0118153598
Likewise, any information, insights and clarifications on this policy and the rights in favour of the data subject can be obtained through the same e-mail address.