Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation) and Legislative Decree 10.8.2018, No. 101, we inform you, in relation to your personal data acquired prior to the establishment of the contractual relationship or at the time of establishment or in due course, of the following:
Owner of data processing
The owner of the processing procedure of personal data, collected through the "Contact Us" form on the web page, https://www.giappichelli.it/contattaci/ or through the e-mail addresses accessible to the public on the web page https://corporate.giappichelli.it/ is G. Giappichelli Editore - Via Po 21, 10124 Torino (Italy) - C.F. and P.IVA IT 02874520014- Telefono: 011-8153111, hereafter simply referred to as "Giappichelli", will determine the purposes and means of the processing of the collected data.
Personal data means any information concerning an identified or identifiable physical person, hereafter referred to simply as "data subject."
Processing means any operation or set of operations, that may involve automated processes, applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or any other form of making available, comparison or correlation, restriction, deletion or destruction.
Purpose and legal basis of processing
The data subject's personal data is processed by Giappichelli in order to provide the requested service or product, as well as to respond to or fulfil the customer's requests in this regard. Customer service also includes after-sales support and service activities. The legal basis for processing, for the purposes just outlined, is to be found in the necessity to execute a contract of which the data subject is a part of or pre-contractual measures have been taken at the data subject's request.
In case of contract conclusion with the client, Giappichelli will also process personal data for administrative, accounting and tax purposes necessary to fulfil the obligations required by law.
In case of failure to provide the requested personal data, Giappichelli may not be able to execute the contract.
The legal basis for processing may also be found in the legitimate interest of Giappichelli in case of use, for the purpose of direct sales of its products or services, with e-mail coordinates provided by the data subject in the context of a previous sale of a similar product or services (newsletter). In the latter case, Giappichelli's legitimate interest is the desire to inform the data subject about its activities.
In addition, the legal basis of Giappichelli's legitimate interest exists in the case of collection of additional information from the data subject, in order to create offers and promotions specifically dedicated for the data subject.
For this type of processing, the data subject may exercise his or her right to object in the manner indicated below (right to object) and receive more information at the following link: https://www.giappichelli.it/privacy/newsletter/
For all the purposes listed, personal data will be processed - by means of computerised IT tools - limited to what has been communicated by the data subject, so as to minimise the invasiveness of processing with respect to them, given their expectations in relation to the information they’ve shared with Giappichelli. The information collected is that which is necessary for the fulfilment of legal and contractual obligations or indispensable for the conclusion of the contract, the non-acquisition of such data may not allow the fulfilment of obligations and the exercise of rights related to the contract or the definition of the contract itself. As indicated in "Purposes and legal basis of processing" the owner may collect from the data subject additional information having as its purpose the creation of offers and promotions specifically dedicated to the data subject.
The data will be contained in a file created by the owner in order to facilitate the proper processing of personal data, in relation to the nature, purpose and duration of processing, also in relation to the data subject’s rights and, in particular, the right of opposition in the case of sending newsletters.
Regarding personal data processed, no form of profiling will take place that produces legal effects on the data subject or affects or similarly significantly affects him or her.
Personal data is processed internally at Giappichelli through authorised personnel or through individuals who will process personal data on behalf of Giappichelli as data processors and in compliance with due safeguards to protect personal data.
The data may be intended for the following categories of recipients:
- entities, professionals, companies or other structures designated for the performance of processing related to the fulfilment of administrative, accounting and management obligations associated with the ordinary performance of the economic activity of the Owner. In particular, for the management of corporate invoicing, the company LUMINA SRL - CORSO VINZAGLIO 2 - 10121 TORINO (TO) - ITALY - Tel: 011 526 2700 - Fax: 011 5262701 - E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org has been appointed as data processor.
- banks, financial institutions or other entities to which the transfer of the before mentioned data is necessary for the performance of the Holder's activities in connection with the fulfilment of contractual obligations assumed towards them;
- Companies and law firms for the protection of contractual rights;
- Public Authorities and Administrations for purposes related to the fulfilment of legal obligations.
- Couriers in order to deliver packages containing complimentary or purchased books (phone number may also be shared in addition to shipping address)
Data will not be disseminated or disclosed to third parties outside the European Union.
Duration of Processing
Personal data will be processed until the statute of limitations for rights related to the contractual relationship has expired and, in the case of information contained in accounting documents, until the period prescribed by law for their retention. All data not necessary for the execution of the contract or the exercise of rights, related to the contract, will be deleted within 12 months of their collection, following the periodic verification procedure that Giappichelli performs so that personal data is not kept longer than necessary. Regarding the duration of processing through the Newsletter service, please always refer to https://www.giappichelli.it/privacy/newsletter/
Data subject’s Rights
The interested party may exercise the following rights against Giappichelli:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him/her and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- Obtain cancellation and restriction of processing.
- To obtain the updating, rectification and supplementation of their data.
- in the cases provided for by the Law, receive, in a commonly used structured and device-readable format, the personal data provided.
- Right to object, in the ways indicated below.
- File a complaint to the Data Protection Manager and/or judicial review if you believe that your rights have been violated as a result of processing
Right of Opposition
In particular, Giappichelli would like to bring to the data subject’s attention that when each newsletter is sent, he or she is informed of the possibility of objecting to processing and revoking consent by simply clicking on the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the email.
Exercising your rights and Data Protection Manager
The above rights can be exercised by sending a request at the following email address to the Data Protection Manager: email@example.com. telephone 0118153598
Likewise, any information, insights and clarifications on this policy and the rights in favour of the data subject can be obtained through the same e-mail address.