Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation) and Legislative Decree 10.8.2018, No. 101, we inform you, in relation to your personal data acquired prior to the establishment of the contractual relationship or at the time of establishment or in due course, of the following:
Owner of data processing
The owner of personal data processing is G. Giappichelli Editore - Via Po 21, 10124 Torino (Italy) - Telephone: 011-8153111 - C.F. and P.IVA IT 02874520014, hereafter simply referred to as "Giappichelli", which determines the purposes and means of processing for data collection.
Personal data means any information concerning an identified or identifiable physical person, hereafter referred to simply as "data subject”
Processing means any operation or set of operations, whether or not involving automated processes, applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, comparison or interconnection, restriction, deletion or destruction.
Purpose and legal basis of processing
Personal data of the data subject is processed by Giappichelli in order to provide the customer with registration and participation for the event, as well as to respond to or satisfy any requests made by the data subject in this regard. Also included in the service for the data subject any support and assistance activities during the event. The legal basis for processing for the purposes just outlined is to be found, in the need to provide a service for the benefit of the data subject, in case Giappichelli itself organises the event.)
Legal basis for processing may also be found in the legitimate interest of Giappichelli in the following two cases:
- Giving visibility to an event organised by another party and processing personal data collected limited to what is necessary to respond to or fulfil any requests from the data subject in this regard;
- use, for the purpose of reporting new events, of the e-mail (newsletter) coordinates provided by the data subject in the context for participation in a previous event organised directly by Giappichelli.
In the latter case, Giappichelli's legitimate interest is represented by the desire to inform the data subject about its activities. For this type of processing, the data subject may exercise their right to object in the manner indicated below (right to object) to obtain more information go to the following link: https://www.giappichelli.it/privacy/newsletter/
For all the purposes listed, personal data will be processed - through computerised tools - limited to what has been communicated by the data subject, in order to minimise processing invasiveness towards the data subject. The information collected is that which is strictly necessary for the provision of services related to the event, and failure to acquire it may not allow the data subject's utilisation of the services.
Data entry in relation to "profession" is merely optional on the part of the person concerned and does not affect the submission of the event application.
The data will be contained in an owner’s file created to facilitate the proper processing of personal data, in relation to the nature, purpose and duration of processing, the rights of data subjects and, in particular, the rights of opposition in the case of sending newsletters.
Regarding personal data that is processed, no form of profiling will take place that produces legal effects on the data subject or affects or similarly and significantly their person.
Personal data are processed internally at Giappichelli through authorised personnel or through individuals who will process personal data on behalf of Giappichelli as data processors and in compliance with due safeguards in order to protect personal data.
Data may be intended for the following categories of recipients:
- entities, professionals, companies or other structures designated for the performance of processing related to the fulfilment of administrative, accounting and management obligations associated with the ordinary performance of the economic activity of the Owner. In particular, for the management of corporate invoicing, the company LUMINA SRL - CORSO VINZAGLIO 2 - 10121 TORINO (TO) - ITALY - Tel: 011 526 2700 - Fax: 011 5262701 - E- mail: email@example.com has been appointed as data processor.
- banks, financial institutions or other entities to which the transfer of the above-mentioned data is necessary for the performance of the Holder's activities in connection with the fulfilment of contractual obligations assumed towards it;
- Companies and law firms for the protection of contractual rights;
- Public Authorities and Administrations for purposes related to the fulfilment of legal obligations.
Data will not be disseminated or disclosed to third parties outside the European Union.
Duration of Processing
Personal data will be processed until the statute of limitations for rights related to the contractual relationship service has expired and, in the case of information contained in accounting documents, until the period prescribed by law for their retention. All data not necessary for the performance of the service or the exercise of rights related to it will be deleted within 12 months of their collection, following the periodic verification procedure that Giappichelli performs so that personal data is not kept longer than necessary. Regarding the duration of processing through the Newsletter service, please always refer to https://www.giappichelli.it/privacy/newsletter/
Data subject’s Rights
The interested party may exercise the following rights against Giappichelli:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him/her and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- Obtain cancellation and restriction of processing.
- To obtain the updating, rectification and supplementation of their data.
- In the cases provided for by the Law, receive, in a commonly used structured and device-readable format, the personal data provided.
- Right to object, in the ways indicated below.
- File a complaint to the Data Protection Manager and/or judicial review if you believe that your rights have been violated as a result of processing
Right to opposition
In particular, Giappichelli would like to bring to the attention of the person concerned, the right of objecting to the processing of their personal data, at any time, for any reasons related to their particular situation, and that, when each newsletter is sent, they are informed of the possibility of objecting to the processing and withdrawing consent, simply by clicking on the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the email.
Exercising your rights and Data Protection Manager
The above rights can be exercised by sending a request at the following email address to the Data Protection Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similarly, any information, insights and clarifications on this policy and the rights in favour of the data subject can be obtained through the same e-mail address.