Pursuant to Articles 13 and 14 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of personal data (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation) and Legislative Decree 10.8.2018, No. 101, we inform you, in relation to your personal data acquired prior to the establishment of the contractual relationship or at the time of establishment or in due course, of the following:
Owner of data processing
The processing owner of your personal data is G. Giappichelli Editore - Via Po 21, 10124 Torino (Italy) - Telephone: 011-8153111 - C.F. and P.IVA IT 02874520014, hereafter simply referred to as "Giappichelli", which will determine the purposes and means of processing for data collected.
Personal data means any information concerning an identified or identifiable physical person, hereafter referred to simply as "data subject" or "provider." For example, the following categories of data are considered personal data: e-mail address and personal telephone number, including a business number.
Processing means any operation or set of operations, whether or not involving automated processes, applied to personal data or sets of personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, comparison or interconnection, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Purpose and legal basis of processing
The data subject’s personal data is processed by Giappichelli in order to purchase the requested service or product from the supplier. The legal basis for processing, for the purposes just outlined, is to be found in the need to execute a contract to which the data subject is a part of or pre-contractual measures have been taken at the request of the data subject. In the event that the data subject is not part of the contract but is an employee or collaborator of Giappichelli's supplier, or is simply acting on their behalf, the legal basis for processing is the legitimate interest of Giappichelli or of the suppliers. Specifically, the legitimate interest is represented by the need to execute the contract between the parties for which it is essential to process the personal data of their respective employees, collaborators and representatives.
In case of contract conclusion with the supplier, Giappichelli will also process personal data for administrative, accounting and fiscal purposes necessary to fulfil the obligations required by law.
In case of failure to provide the requested personal data, Giappichelli may not be able to execute the contract.
For all the purposes listed, personal data will be processed - through IT tools - limited to what has been communicated by the data subject, so as to minimise the invasiveness of processing in relation to them, given their expectations in relation to the information they have shared with Giappichelli. The information collected is that which is necessary for the fulfilment of legal and contractual obligations or indispensable for the conclusion of the contract, the non-acquisition of which could prevent the fulfilment of obligations and the exercise of contractual rights or the conclusion of the contract itself.
The data will be contained in a file, created by the owner in order to facilitate the proper processing of personal data, in relation to the nature, purpose and duration of processing, in regards to the data subject’s rights and, in particular, the rights of opposition.
Regarding processing of personal data, no form of profiling will take place that produces legal effects on the data subject or similarly significantly affects him or her.
Personal data are processed internally at Giappichelli through authorised personnel or through individuals who will process personal data on behalf of Giappichelli as data processors and in compliance with due safeguards in order to protect personal data.
Data may be intended for the following categories of recipients:
- entities, professionals, companies or other structures designated for the performance of processing related to the fulfilment of administrative, accounting and management obligations associated with the ordinary performance of the economic activity of the Owner. In particular, for the management of corporate invoicing, the company LUMINA SRL - CORSO VINZAGLIO 2 - 10121 TORINO (TO) - ITALY - Tel: 011 526 2700 - Fax: 011 5262701 - E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org has been appointed as data processor.
- banks, financial institutions or other entities to which the transfer of the above-mentioned data is necessary for the performance of the Holder's activities in connection with the fulfilment of contractual obligations assumed towards it;
- Companies and law firms for the protection of contractual rights;
- Public Authorities and Administrations for purposes related to the fulfilment of legal obligations.
Data will not be disseminated or disclosed to third parties outside the European Union.
Duration of Processing
Personal data will be processed until the statute of limitations for rights related to the contractual relationship has expired and, in the case of information contained in accounting documents, until the period prescribed by law for their retention. All data not necessary for contract execution or the exercise of rights, connected to the contract, will be deleted within 12 months of their collection, following the periodic verification procedure that Giappichelli performs so that personal data is not kept longer than necessary.
Data subject’s Rights
The interested party may exercise the following rights against Giappichelli:
- obtain confirmation of the existence of personal data concerning him/her and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- Obtain cancellation and restriction of processing.
- To obtain the updating, rectification and supplementation of their data.
- in the cases provided for by the Law, receive, in a commonly used structured and device-readable format, the personal data provided.
- Right to object, in the ways indicated below.
- File a complaint to the Data Protection Manager and/or judicial review if you believe that your rights have been violated as a result of processing
Exercising your rights and Data Protection Manager
The above rights can be exercised by sending a request at the following email address to the Data Protection Manager: email@example.com.
Similarly, any information, insights and clarifications on this policy and the rights in favour of the data subject can be obtained through the same e-mail address.